Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Mommy Daughter Date with Ava



Ava and I got to take a evening out, just the two of us.  It was so nice to get to spend that time with her and I look forward to being able to do it again.  She and I had such a fun time being together, taking pictures of each other, eating yummy frozen yogurt (although mine was too rich in chocolate and ditched mine and went for some mango and raspberry) and Ava telling me stories.

I finally realized that when people who have older children have told me not to blink, I totally understand what they mean.

This evening, with my biggest little girl, she seemed so grown up.  It was such an eye opener.  She didn't seem like my little baby any more.  She didn't even seem like a three year old.  I was saddened, yet happy.  I was sad that my years of having little babies is getting shorter.  I was sad that one day she will grow up and those days where we have time together may not be as exciting to her as they are now.  But, then there was a wave of happiness.  Happiness of how she is growing into this healthy, beautiful little lady.  Happy over her huge imagination and great story telling!  I was happy that I was blessed enough to even have these short 3 years with this precious little one.

Oh, I just love her so much.  It is incomprehensible.  I have learned so much about her over the course of these three years.

I have learned that she loves the color purple and pink, that she loves to think about God and is always wanting to know where He is and wondering when she can meet Him.  I am learning that she is very concerned with other people's happiness and that she loves to see people smile-that other peoples happiness brings her happiness.  I  have learned that she is very hard on herself, a pleaser and very black and white.  I have learned that she loves to learn, she is intuitive and curious.  I have learned that we share the same love for books and for God's Word.  I have learned that she wants to be so many things when she grows up from an astronaut to a ballet dancer. I have learned that she welcomes challenges and loves to learn from them.  I have learned that she loves water and isn't scared of it.  I have learned that she would rather eat junk food than healthy food, especially after reading The Berenstein Bears and Too Much Junk Food.  And I have learned she is a loving, sweet big sister.

I can't wait to see what else I learn about her throughout the years.






No comments:

Post a Comment