Saturday, March 5, 2016

This life

This life. It's a beautiful thing. As I sit in the car feeding Evelyn at the park while watching my husband play with the girls on the playset, I can't help but be thankful for this life that God has blessed me with. I have done nothing to deserve it. In fact, I have done more things in my life to deserve absolutely none of it. What a blessing it is to be married to the man I am married to and to be given the gift of three beautiful, healthy little girls. As I contemplate how great this life is that I live, I also know that so many seconds of my day I spend taking it for granted. I think about the incredible story of a life lived by a woman of the name Joey Feek who knew how precious life was and spend her last days living it to the fullest.I don't ever want to take what has been given to me for granted. I want to be joyful and content throughout all circumstances. The blessings and the scary stuff. I want my girls to know and to feel the joy that comes with being content with what you were given. I want them to understand the preciousness of life. I want them to believe that God knows what He is doing and has given them a purpose. I want them to be able to see the beauty of the life that they have been given. I want them to have a joyfulness that radiates out of them and over flows on to others. A light that shines so bright. I want them to feel at peace with the beautiful life that they've been given, the purpose for which they live. It is a beautiful life that we live, so undeserving of all of it but so thankful that Jesus doesn't hold that against me but continues to bless me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment