Monday, April 20, 2015

April 2015

This month has been crammed pack with life!  We have been go, go, going all month long.  And, though I am tired, my heart is full.

Ava had an allergic skin reaction to the amoxicillin they gave her for an ear infection.  About 7 days into her antibiotics, she woke up with what looked like mosquito bites.  I figured that was what they were since we were at an evening softball game the night before and I had forgotten bug spray and there were bugs all over.  But, by lunch, they were spreading.  So then, my mind drifts to bed bugs and I start freaking out.  But, thankfully, Curtis calmed me down and said that he thought she could be having an allergic reaction to her antibiotics.  We called the after hours nurse and she said it sounded like that was the case and to stop her meds and they wanted to see her Saturday morning.  Sure enough, that is what it was and she can no longer have any of the "cillins".  She was miserable.  I have never seen her so down.  I just wanted my smiley, silly, crazy, wild girl back.  Eventually, the spots turned black and blue and she was bruised all over and her face was super chubby.  She hurt to walk and was itchy, even on Benedryl.  Now we know...I hated it for her.

Other than that and a couple ear infections and croup, this month was good.  We are counting down the days until we go to Disney.  I know the kiddos have no idea and won't remember it, but we will and we will have so many moments captured on camera.  Ava did see the Dumbo ride on a commercial, along with Elsa, and she did get quite excited!  We are trying to be proactive and make our packing list now.  I have lots of things to pack, purchase and get organized before this day comes.  I made a list with mickey mouse ears as bullets and I highlighted in yellow things we still need to buy, in blue things I need to research, and in green things I need to locate from other people.

Ava has enjoyed helping her sister walk this month.  I think she feels like Sally is more of a companion now that she can walk.

Ava is such a little manipulator.  She knows exactly how to slow things down at bedtime by giving us a gazillion kisses and hugs.  It is funny.  She knows how to work it.  She is also super cute at bedtime "reading" her books.  She has so many books that she enjoys and has favorite parts to them and everything.  It is so fun to watch her eyes light up during her favorite parts or to hear her giggle at things she finds funny in them.

Ava is quite bossy, but I think she is in for a rude awakening if she thinks she is going to be bossing Sally around.  I don't think Sally is going to have ANY of that.

Also, God must think He is awfully funny as He looks down and watches me having to suck it up and read, learn, and scope out spiders with Ava, because she is obsessed and I am terrified of them...What a sense of humor He has...
You know I love that girl when I am willing to discover spiders with her!  Ugh.

So that is pretty much our April.  It has been a month full of playing, learning, reading, Bible Study, storytime at the library, playing outside, meeting up with friends, and planting a garden!!!  I love it!










No comments:

Post a Comment