Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth Genesis 1:1

In my Bible study I am participating in we are focusing on prayer.  Today was praising God through prayer. Ironically, my verse today was Genesis 1:1 which I think flows perfectly with my Bible study passage Psalms 8. 
 

God is the Creator (Gen.1:1), the Master Craftsman (Proverbs 8:22-31), the Gardener (John 15:1-2), and He is worthy of praise (1 Chronicles 16:34).  Ashamedly, I fail to acknowledge this on a daily basis.  Like my friend, Paula, that is leading this Bible study, I often don't pay any attention to God's beautiful creation when I open my blinds and curtains. I don't even look outside.  And when I do I notice all the flaws and imperfections of our yardwork.   

How often it is that I take His beautiful handiwork for granted.  I just assume that it is always going to be there.  I even feel silly talking to God about His creation.   But it is beautiful and if He rejoices in it, then shouldn't I?   The green, lush trees that are gently swaying in the breeze, the colorful palette that He uses in the beautiful roses outside my window, the different shades of green in the grass, leaves and trees, the tickle on my feet from the grass, the perfect blue sky and the white puffy clouds.  I can't believe that God controls all of this and He has allowed us to enjoy all of  it.  Today, after reading the passage and devotional, I tried to remember these glorious wonders.  I tried to tell my little baby girl about them and how blessed we are to be here, breathing the air that God has given us, and to look at his artwork everyday. 

Father, forgive me for not treasuring your creation.  Forgive me for taking these beautiful plants and animals for granted.  You are so creative.  Father, give me eyes to see Your wonders and Your majesty everyday.  Thank you for trusting us with Your creation.

Psalms 8
"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens.  From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and avenger.  When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man t: all flockshat you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.  You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment